Are you passionate about making great games? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking for a network programmer to join our kick-ass team in Stockholm.
As network programmer you will be working closely with both engine and game teams.
- Develop everything network related, from matchmaking to party creation
- Make sure network code is optimized both for CPU usage and network bandwidth
- Responsible for delivering a great end-user experience together with the team
- Ownership of the code you write
- Responsible for the features you are adding. Bugs or design issues are addressed by you or communicated to your lead
- Make sure that any feature functions in multiplayer and be ready to help gameplay programmers to fix issues
- Always looking to improve yourself as well as the code you have written
- Prior experience working as a network programmer
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good with C++
- Team player willing to listen, help and learn
Good to have:
- Used Perforce, git and svn before
To be successful in this position you are:
- Strong passion for games
- Knowledge about multiplayer games
- Basic knowledge of performance profiling and debugging
Still reading? Good because here comes the good part of this job ad: We offer you a position at a company where we value empowerment, agility and ownership. While we evolve, we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your CV and meet you. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible; selection and interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resumé, portfolio and a personal letter in English. All applications must include a resumé and personal letter to be considered.