- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At AstraZeneca they believe in the potential of people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. They make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve, no matter where you start with them. AstraZeneca is now looking for a consultant in a role as an Organic Synthesis Research Scientist within Discovery Sciences. This role will be based in their research laboratories in Gothenburg, Sweden.
In your role as a research scientist you will be part of the iLAB team which focuses on the exploration and implementation of new synthetic methodologies and automation technologies and their application in drug discovery. Your role will be to work in a team focused on the synthesis and purification of PROTACs (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimeras) molecules for application across several exciting medicinal chemistry projects. You will be responsible for the synthesis and isolation of these compounds, ready for purification and testing. After a thorough introduction you will use various types of conventional and automated laboratory equipment for your daily tasks.
If you are a highly motivated person looking to develop your chemistry experience in a fast-paced and dynamic team, then you are our kind of person.
- Carry out small scale organic synthesis reactions and purification
- Collect and weigh out chemicals and reagents from local storage
- Plan, prioritise and perform given tasks
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to allow timely delivery of screening compounds to projects
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are always followed strictly and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Record all data and results in specified forms with accuracy
- Minimum a degree in chemistry with some post-degree experience of laboratory based organic synthesis
- Ability to prioritise and perform tasks independently and to work under pressure
- Work effectively in teams
- Ability to learn and adopt new chemical technologies and automation instrumentation
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
For more information, please contact Sara Kuikka, consultant manager [email protected]
About the company
Randstad Life Sciences is part of Randstad, the world leader in recruitment and consulting with operations in 38 countries. With this global network, in combination with our strong local foundation, we can offer a wide range of varied and developing assignments and jobs for you who are a specialist in life science. Our mission is to help you reach your true potential with your career in focus!