We are currently on an exciting transformation embracing data and digital technologies to accelerate drug discovery. On this journey we are now looking for key leaders to help realize our vision and lead along the way.
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
You will be a part of R&D IT where we bring value for our patients by developing smart solutions with tomorrow's technology. We are results-oriented and global with many ways to develop as an individual. We are seeking an IT Business Partner who will inspire change with an agile approach when we are scaling new solutions such as AI, machine learning, software and data engineering and analytics to provide critical insights. Our goal is to engage with our stakeholders as a strategic partner in delivering life-changing medicines to our patients.
What you´ll do
The IT Business Partner will develop strategic relationships within our CVRM (Cardiovascular Renal and Metabolism) Therapeutic Area, identifying ways for IT to partner with them in achieving and exceeding business objectives. You will drive the delivery of new business solutions to build maximum competitive advantage. The role will combine in-depth understanding of AstraZeneca, business area strategy, domain knowledge and relevant technical expertise to drive the generation of new innovative technology solutions and continuous value from existing solutions. The desired effect of your role is to take accountability as a leader for delivering an outstanding IT experience. In this role, you will work multi-functionally with other Business Leaders in the broader CVRM Therapeutic Area to develop and leverage relationships with strategic external partners in a global IT matrix, spanning 2,000+ people across the US, UK, Sweden, Poland, and India.
Accountabilities of the role include:
* Building strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior partners, developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction
* Assessing and prioritizing CVRM Therapeutic Area requirements in line with IT strategy, and influencing IT strategy where appropriate
* Handling a portfolio of IT investments, prioritized to align with emerging business strategy
* Facilitating accurate IT demand forecasting, planning, and delivery collaboratively with other supporting IT team roles
* Leading high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
* Leading business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
Desirable Technical skills & Experience
This role requires a hybrid set of technical, business domain and leadership skills. We are looking for a leader-doer to encourage and empower an agile and diverse team of specialists in a sophisticated matrix organization. This role is a mix of leading a team and establishing a relationship of trust with partners, anchored by good technical and domain expertise and continuous learning and development.
* Proven delivery of significant scientific information systems
* Knowledge of scientific and clinical pharmaceutical processes
* Extensive experience in leading and delivering business change through IT projects and delivering results
* Experience of building high value business cases & mobilising high value investments
* Demonstrable ability to build strategic working partnerships with senior internal customers, peers and partners
* High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
* The ability to travel both domestically and internationally
* Degree or relevant business qualification
* Involvement in pharma thought leadership networks and organisations
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
So, what's next?
* Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Forward-thinking?! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en