Schibsted is placing a major bet on machine learning. Whether it’s for our journalists, our editors, our advertising teams, our marketplace teams, our many growth companies, we want to use machine learning to make our people superhuman. We’re not in the business of replacing real people with machine learning - we’re in the business of making them more effective at a scale that would otherwise be impossible.
The vision of our Machine Learning team is to be the best at understanding content and embedding this knowledge in all of Schibsted products in order to increase their business value. We collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to build models and services that add value in terms of, e.g., increased relevance, automation, and personalization. We are now looking for a talented Data Scientist with experience in building machine learning systems that bring real value.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to analyze, design, build, train, evaluate, ship, and refine ML-driven products to solve real-world problems.
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional agile team spanning data science, product management, and engineering to build prototypes as well as production-ready solutions
- Engage with internal stakeholders and end-users to better understand their needs, as well as explain, educate, and support them in ML matters
Who you are:
- You are experienced in Python programming, probably also other languages
- You have experience of building systems for model training and serving using, e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- You have a deep understanding and genuine interest of AI and machine learning methods and algorithms, e.g., gradient-based optimization and neural networks
- You have at least a Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or any quantitative field
- The cloud is your friend. You have experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or any proprietary clouds
- You have some knowledge of container-based architectures and microservices
Schibsted Data & Tech is a central product and tech unit that serves all of Schibsted. We are about 250+ people in Oslo, Stockholm and Krakow, and collaborate closely with other product and tech teams in all units in Schibsted. Areas of responsibilities include data & technology strategy, privacy/data trends/responsible data & machine learning, information security and internal IT.