- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
Pharmaceutical Sciences at AstraZeneca delivers the therapies of the future through scientific leadership in drug delivery, design of synthetic routes, and manufacturing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and drug products. Our portfolio of projects spans small molecules, peptides, oligonucleotides to RNA-based therapeutics across AstraZeneca's therapy areas. Advanced Drug Delivery (ADD) resides within Pharmaceutical Sciences with a mission to transform diverse modalities into investigational medicines.
We now seek a skilled and motivated Associate Principal Scientist to join the New Modality Clinical Formulation team within the ADD group in Gothenburg, Sweden, focussing on formulation development design within our peptide project portfolio.
What You will do
This is an exciting role where you will act as a key member of various project teams and provide your scientific expertise into formulation design and development strategies within peptide drug projects. You will be responsible for defining lead enabling formulations to ensure desired clinical performance from discovery to Phase II, including a strong contribution to CMC (Chemistry, Manufacturing, Control) aspects and deliveries. In addition, you will develop and lead outsourcing activities and strategies. As such, we are looking for a candidate with previous experience in supporting peptide projects in the clinical phase and who has a strong understanding of biopharmaceutics, formulation, analytics and drug delivery in the peptide area. The role will be expected to work cross-functionally supporting drug projects from early to late clinical phase and be involved in science & technology initiatives.
We are looking for you, who together with your team will make a difference for patients' lives every day. This through your ability to independently lead and achieve set goals within budget, time and to the right quality.
Essential for the role
* Ph.D. degree in a relevant field (such as Pharmaceutics, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Drug Delivery) and industrial experience within the field of Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology Science.
* Experience of parental peptide therapeutics development from the pharmaceutical industry, including in-depth knowledge of CMC deliveries.
* Experience with maintaining outsourcing partnerships in the peptide drug delivery and formulation area including tech transfers, and reviewing data and documentation.
* Good understanding of formulation science, drug delivery and biopharmaceutics within the peptide area, to enable mechanistic understanding of in vivo drug product performance.
* Good understanding of the overall drug discovery and development process and an appreciation of how the Pharmaceutical Science field contributes to R&D.
* Ability and desire/willingness to effectively communicate, network and build collaborative relationships with partners across disciplines and cultures, internally and externally and independently lead and influence projects.
* Excellent communication and partner management skills, and the ability to discuss complex ideas in a simple, easy to understand way.
* Track record of scientific excellence in terms of publications, presentations and networking activities. Capable of, and desire for continuing to develop yourself in this area.
* Innovative, with a passion driving scientific excellence and a continuous improvement mind-set.
* Thorough understanding of principles, applications and management of Safety, Health and Environment (SHE).
* Ability to communicate and write proficiently in English.
This is an exciting opportunity for professional growth in areas of drug development, science, and leadership. If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do - join us!
For more information, please contact: Sara Richardson, Team Leader, +46725821650, [email protected]
Welcome with your application no later than November 4th, 2020.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.