- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
AstraZeneca (AZ) is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AZ, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Pharmaceutical Sciences is accountable for the design and development of synthetic routes, preclinical and phase I/II drug product formulations, analytical methods and CMC project leadership needed to support early clinical trials, encompassing both small molecules and new modalities such as microRNA, messenger RNA and antisense oligonucleotides, across the whole range of AZ's therapeutic areas.
The manufacturing unit within Early Product Development and Manufacture (EPDM) in Gothenburg is accountable for the manufacture of a large and variable portfolio of early investigational medicinal products (oral solution/suspension, parenteral solutions, capsules, tablets and inhalers), mainly for Phases I and II. We supply drug product to AZ clinical studies globally and play a vital role to enable early phase clinical trials, delivering a critical step on the path from idea to patient. In short, we are the first in line to manufacture a clinical product with the potential to make a significant difference for patients around the globe
Within the EPDM manufacturing unit, in the GMP arena, you will make a pivotal contribution to secure product to patients and secure reliable clinical results in the development of new medicinal products.
This is a science-based role with an emphasis on early product development and manufacturability. The main focus is Phase I/II. However, it also entails a strategic contribution by securing scalable processes and techniques to secure manufacturability for the later stage portfolio.
All below activities will have a significant impact on the speed, quality and cost of the AZ development portfolio:
* Provide expert technical guidance and support the establishment of products.
* Provide scientific leadership. Train and mentor colleagues.
* Actively contribute to external publications.
* Evaluate, recommend, and drive new technology initiatives. Play a vital role in the implementation of new complex equipment and technology for manufacture during development, giving input to future commercial processes.
* Challenge current ways of working; identify improvements and demonstrate creativity and innovation whilst delivering new opportunities.
* Drive EPDM external science and technology collaborations.
* Drive implementation of continuous processes
* PhD or similar level of experience in pharmaceutics or engineering (specializing in pharmaceuticals) in combination with experience within the Pharmaceutical, or closely related, industry.
* Broad understanding in the disciplines of pharmaceutical formulation development and manufacturing processes in order to contribute to a world class drug product manufacture organisation.
* A good understanding of the overall drug development process from discovery through to launch with an appreciation of how early drug product development contributes to the broader business.
* Extensive knowledge in early formulation development preferably within solid oral dosage forms. Experience within inhalation is also valued.
* An understanding of GMP and regulatory requirements is also beneficial for the role
If you are curious to know more, please reach out to: Oskar Hedberg or Pirjo Tajarobi at +46 31 776 10 00
Welcome with your application no later than Aug 31st, 2020.
Application includes both CV and a personal letter.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Our Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Life in Gothenburg: https://www.movetogothenburg.com/
Culture and atmosphere of the Gothenburg site: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6496327311678410752/