Are you ready for an opportunity to join AstraZeneca in a lead role with a focus on characterization of drug substances and products, developing analytical methods, leading analytical submission activities for all development phases and build science and technology in the area?
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
In Pharmaceutical Technology and Development (PT&D), we are the bridge between brilliant science and innovative medicines that help millions of people. We work across the entire value chain, designing and delivering active ingredients, formulations and devices required to support new medicines - from supplies for use in early toxicology studies and clinical trials to developing the technology to ensure drugs can be scaled up for commercial manufacture.
We are currently looking for a lead Analytical Separation Scientist, to strengthen our capabilities in the area of separation science and mass spectrometry. We believe that you have significant scientific project-based experience and want to strengthen our team and join us in the Oral Product Development function (OPD) at our Gothenburg site!
At OPD in Gothenburg, a sub-division of PT&D, we focus on the fields of Oral Controlled Release Drug products and Immediate Release Drug Products. You will join a vibrant team that is working on the next generation of medicines and play a key role in the analytical development of new medicinal products.
We are looking for leaders in analytical chemistry with capability and a desire for continuing to develop scientifically and to drive external visibility for example, through publications, presentations and networking activities.
The role will be laboratory based where analytical science expertise with combination of theoretical and technical knowledge is a must. We work in cross-skilled project teams during development. You will be part of or leading pharmaceutical analytical project activities, as well as providing input into regulatory submissions. Your main duties will typically involve:
* Be an expert in separation science techniques and mass spectrometry to provide input into the selection and evaluation of materials for clinical use, including release analysis.
* Identify new approaches to separation science techniques that would improve our ability to support projects.
* Work as a member of cross-functional teams, with a large degree of independence representing own department or area of expertise to lead related analytical chemistry activities.
* Develop and validate appropriate test methodology and specifications for drug substance/product for non-clinical and clinical use.
* Contribute to analytical training and development by acting as coach/mentor, giving immediate feedback, as appropriate. Develop personal performance by actively seeking feedback and support from peers.
* Drive the science of relevant areas of research and contribute as a discussion expert partner within separation science techniques during the different development stages.
* Educational background at research level (PhD) and/or MSc in a discipline relevant to analytical chemistry and at least five years' experience relevant to the position.
* Advanced technical skills in separation science and mass spectrometry and experience with technical analytical problems and in resolving complex analytical issues.
* Scientific leadership evidenced by a publication track record.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to engage and collaborate across boundaries with a problem-solving attitude and focus on delivery.
* General knowledge of the analytical area such as method development and method validation and work experience from a regulated environment (GLP/GMP) and from a pharmaceutical company would be advantageous
* Experience of developing and validation of analytical methods
* Experience of authoring CMC content for the analytical aspects of drug product regulatory filings throughout the clinical development phase.
* An understanding of the principles and management of SHE and cGMP.
Specific skills and capabilities important for the role
* Knowledge of and practical skills in multiple separation science techniques and including detection, particularly mass spectrometry.
* Scientific leadership skills, the ability to deliver robust scientific contributions to projects and demonstration of utilizing risk-based approaches for successful delivery.
* Ability to think and operate across functional boundaries, challenge the status quo and seek opportunities for business improvement.
* Effective influencing and prioritization skills to ensure project delivery to deadlines.
* Good communication and stakeholder skills, and the ability to discuss complex ideas in a simple, easy to understand manner.
For more information about the position please contact:
Magnus Carlsson at +46 31 776 1684, Ulrika Börjesson-Odén at +46 31 776 2542 or Anders Karlsson at +46 31 776 1172.
Welcome with your application, including CV and cover letter, no later than August 16, 2020.