We are a team with a vision to scale a platform, on which we enable our partners to deliver stories to the world - everything from Hollywood Movies, Documentaries, Live TV to Short Films. You’ll get to work with an awesome team; you’ll get to own and shape the product, you’ll get to develop the business, team and technology everyday - and get to learn and personally grow along the way. So if you've read this far - you'll want to be part of a team that build the best video streaming products in the world!
What are we looking for?
We are eagerly searching for a excellent Head of Product & Platform. In this role, you will lead the Product and Platform team, which is responsible for delivering an efficient, scalable platform to Magines business partners. The team (c:a 4 persons) consists of Product Owners & UX/UI that owns templated and custom solutions to a combination of live-streaming to VOD partners, with a variety of monetization strategies (from free and ad-based, to transactional and subscription based). The team owns the full product lifecycle management across a number of devices (iOS, Android, TV's, Web) and backend microservices (CRM, CMS, Billing Integrations, Marketing Integration).
There are three key dimensions to the role:
- Product Leadership - Shape the product & scale the platform.
- People Leadership - Develop the culture, build competence & grow people.
- Financial Acumen - Drive business results & financial outcomes.
The platforms vision is to be a self-service, fully configurable, video-streaming platform through which premium content owners and distributors can deliver an excellent experience to their TV and VOD loving users. The Product team is today based in Stockholm with Engineering & Operations based in Stockholm and Ukraine.
We are looking for someone to unleash an incredible product & drive change.
The details - what you'll do, and what experience you'll need:
5+ Years Experience as Product Owner
5+ Years Experience in a Leadership Role.
10-15 Years Total Industry Experience.
- Product accountability - Own the Product Strategy, Roadmap and be able to execute effectively to create value & achieve outcomes. Build a data driven product decisions.
- With technical partners, articulate and drive Product decisions inside the team and with stakeholders.
- Work with the Magine technology stack in mind, collaborating with the rest of Magine on the greater good.
- Evaluate, understand and make decisions on 3rd party technology choices.
- Own the Go to market and marketing product documentation
- People - Lead both Product Owners & UX/UI Manager.
- Coach the product team to ensure the right capability and culture.
- Own salary, recruitment and performance for the team.
- Ensure there is space and scope for the team to grow and innovate.
- Key Interfaces - Work closely with Engineering & Operations to defined and manage Product requirements and set development priorities.
- Work closely with Sales & Business Development to translate the market needs, competitor analysis and commercial priorities into Product Vision and Roadmap.
- Work closely with Customer Success, in order to improve product requirements, to help existing partners to succeed.
- Skills to create thrills - Experience delivering a B2B / B2C platform.
- Strong experience in running and constantly improving technology already in use.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with experience in leading development teams and inter-department communication.
- Superb analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to steer to consensus, balancing between stakeholder approval, team buy-in and forward momentum.
- A software project management background, as a project owner, scrum master or other agile function, with awareness of tools and processes to move teams forward to a shared goal.
- A big plus on your resume, is a passion or experience in working with Video Streaming Consumer Products.
What we offer:
- A fun and challenging place to work at!
- A place to learn and grow.
- Great co-workers.
- Innovative thinking.
- Competitive benefit package.
- The chance to be part of making a difference in your area of expertise (and maybe other areas too!).
- Flexible working hours.
- Office located in central Stockholm.