SEI HQ is recruiting an entry-level Network Coordinator for supporting several projects at Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) in Stockholm. The thematic focus for this position is agriculture, food security rural development, and/or research in developing countries. We are looking for a person who is dynamic, entrepreneurial, and motivated to take on this challenge and support a change process by building up and developing networks and communication.
SEI is the host of the secretariats of two networks: Swedish International Agricultural Network (SIANI), Swedish Development Research Network (SweDev) and and one learning consortium: Agriculture for Food Security2030 (AgriFoSe).
The Network Coordinator will support the three secretariats based at SEI HQ in Stockholm. The main part of the work (70%) is to support the SIANI secretariat to develop a stream of work on the topic of rural youth as well as supporting the secretariat with communication and administration tasks. Within AgriFoSe2030 (15%) the position entails communicating and translating science to policymakers and practitioners. Within SweDev (10%) the coordinator is expected to support the overall coordination of the SweDev network through engaging with stakeholders as well as organizing events and seminars.
The Network Coordinator will be based at SEI HQ in Stockholm and work in collaboration with colleagues at several Swedish Universities. The Network Coordinator will be a part of the Resources and Development Unit under the leadership of Janet Vähämäki.
Key duties and responsibilities include
- Network development through interacting with Swedish- and international stakeholders
- Coordination of events and other activities
- Web-based communication
- Develop and implement the youth workstream within SIANI
Who you are
We are looking for a person with a great interest in rural development, who has experience coordinating network activities and who is familiar with the UN’s Sustainable Development Agenda. You should also be self-motivated, enjoy outreach and engagement work, working in remote teams and be open to a wide range of work tasks.
Formal qualifications and experience
- A Master’s degree related to sustainable agriculture, forestry, rural development, food systems or development
- Experience of working or studying in a low-income country or other international work
- Experience in working with youth issues
- Experience of working and communicating with a variety of interest groups, networks, and stakeholders
- Experience of using multiple communication channels professionally (both digital and non-digital)
- Experience of project coordination
- Fluency in both written and spoken Swedish and English
Personal skills required in the position
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys and is comfortable with organizing workshops and online seminars
- Has a positive influence on the attitudes of individuals and teams
- Capable of providing and receiving feedback in a constructive and respectful manner
Ideally, the candidate will also bring:
- Experience of stakeholder engagement
- Experience in science communication and/or research
- Knowledge of any other UN languages
- Experience with running a website
How to apply
The deadline for applying is 10 August 2020, 23:59 CEST.
Applications should be written in English and consist of a Cover Letter (maximum 1 page) and CV.
Use the Apply now button below to submit your application. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
Inquiries regarding the details of the position can be directed to Madeleine Fogde, Program Director, SIANI ([email protected]) or Janet Vähämäki, Head of Unit Resources and Development ([email protected]). Inquiries regarding the recruitment process can be directed to My Persson, Recruitment and Competence Specialist ([email protected]).
Please note that during the vacation period of mid-July to mid-August we will not have the possibility to answer questions.